Here’s a brief snapshot of second life. While it’s a quick glimpse into what the program is about, it’s not hard to imagine a place in this virtual world where educators connect.
"Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important." Bill Gates
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Introducing: Second Life
I had never really heard of or thought second life to be used for educational purposes until we (classmates and professor) started discussing it in one of my other graduate courses. After a class session in which I briefly used the program, I realized how second life could be channeled into a fascinating place to learn, meet, and collaborate with other educators. I believe this could be an innovative gateway to global learning and education (from participating in virtual field trips to meeting other students across the world). Second life still has some evolving to do and I think before it can be infiltrated into classrooms, many more safety restrictions will need to be implemented into the program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your link doesn't work.
ReplyDelete